This is a group that has been set up to exchange spiritual thoughts and experiences with other like-minded individuals. It was created as the result of a perceived need to receive a spiritual lift in the workplace, where the Spirit may not always be present. An e-mail is sent out every Monday - Friday (University holidays excepted) to those who choose to subscribe, and submissions are always welcome. Remember that without your thoughts, this list is far less effective! I hope that this list can provide you with a spiritual uplift for your day, and that you will use it to share your experiences and thoughts with others ("..when all have spoken that all may be edified of all, and that every man may have an equal privilege." - Doctrine and Covenants 88:122).
How it works: If you have a thought or scripture that you would like to share, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org . When you send me your e-mail, please be sure to include LDS: at the beginning of the subject line so that I will be able to distinguish these mails from other e-mail that I receive. I will review and approve the submissions, then will consolidate them into a single e-mail that will be sent daily.
Rules: I want to keep this simple, so I hope to avoid imposing too many rules on the list. Here are some guidelines that I would like to establish, however.
- Share something that has touched you personally. This list is not a forum where religious doctrinal debates will be aired. Again, the purpose of this list is to uplift and inspire those who will receive it without having to worry about being "religiously correct" (ie. accommodating to individuals of all religious backgrounds). So please, share a scripture, a story, an experience, a website you have visited, or anything that you think might help others or might help strengthen their testimony of the Gospel, and feel free to share how you have been touched as a result.
- If you know someone who might be interested in this list, please talk to them and have them e-mail me regarding their desire to subscribe. I do need to hear from them to know that they are interested to prevent individuals who are not interested from receiving the list. Subscription to this list is voluntary, and anyone from anywhere (not just our workplace) may join or leave at any time.
- The names of the individuals on this list will be kept private. When I send out these e-mails, I will blind copy everyone who receives them. This will help to preserve the anonymity of everyone who chooses to receive the list, so that people can feel free to leave and join at any time without worrying about who might be watching. It will also keep individuals from receiving "spam" (unwanted e-mail) that is unrelated to the subject matter at hand. If you wish to contact someone who is on the list, notify me, and I will let them know that you wish to make contact with them.
- It is up to the moderator (either Paul Larsen or Mike Schouten) to decide which thoughts get published and not. If you follow the guidelines, your thought will be approved and published. If the moderator feels that the material is inappropriate, however, he will respond to your e-mail, indicating what part he feels needs to be changed and why it fails to meet the guideline. (I am not worried that this will happen. I just provide this paragraph by means of information.)
- These guidelines are open to be changed as situations warrant. When they are modified, you will be notified of the change, and they will be posted on this website.
Again, thank you for your participation. I firmly believe that by helping others to grow in the gospel, we help ourselves as well.