This page is seriously under construction.
I keep writing utilities that are useful, but don't get
seen outside of the systems group here.
As I get time, I'll be cleaning up some and placing them here.
The skimpy collection so far
Tree Walking stuff
- (Perl) Libraries.
- paths.pm, libraries to convert relative paths to
absolute and back.
- urls.pm, libraries to parse URL's, convert
relative to absolute and back, all following RFC 2396.
- configdirsvshtml.pm, libraries to map between
directories and URLs on a given machine.
- Tree Walk Library, routines to walk a
unix directory structure.
- URL parsing and building routines.
- human.pm Routines to put out a date in
normal American form: "May 27th, 2000".
- Main programs.
- treedir.perl, a utility to produce ASCII art
from a directory tree. This is just the treewalk package with dummy
stubs. A number of system administrators here have found it
- htmllinkdir.perl, A utility to produce
cross reference lists of HTML references in a directory tree.
(This probably has gross local assumptions... I'll clean it up later.
- printdir.perl, a utility to produce ASCII
art of a directory tree, annotating text files with a listing of their
contents. (I think it is useless, but someone requested it.)
- rebuild.perl, A replacement for unix make,
with better syntax and more powerful rules.
There is Some Documentation.
- Example Command files.
- Include files.
Go to ...
This page is http://www.cc.utah.edu/~nahaj/utilities/
This page was last modified on March 4th, 2000